Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Things That Make Me Smile

Today I came to a conclusion:  if you aren't happy with where you are in life, it's your own dag-gum fault!  Thus I'm finding things that happened to me today - or recently - that make me happy.
  • Fruit snacks: I absolutely LOVE fruit snacks.  Maybe that is the real reason I've gone into Elementary Education... okay, probably not but sometimes I think the commonality with my students makes a difference.
  • Spell check:  There are several words in the English language I can NEVER spell correctly.  One is 'definitely' and the other is 'absolutely'.  Slightly embarrassing, but it's so true.  I love the spell check feature.  It saves me from a lot of frustration.
  • Sassy flip flops:  You see, I probably should have been born Mexican (although I am incredibly grateful that I wasn't) because I thrive in the heat.  Someday I desire to live where it snows maybe once or twice... all year.  I can come home to get my fill of the freezing, fluffy, white stuff.  Oh, I love the heat because I can wear my sassy flip flops.  (Yes, today it is approximately 46 degrees and I am wearing them with a skirt.  I'm boycotting winter.)
  • Waking up to an empty house:  Okay so maybe I wouldn't love this everyday, but it was nice this morning.  No one told me to get out of bed, I was just awake when my body was ready for it.  Ahh...  Love that!
  • Delicious food:  I may or may not be eating lunch and enjoying left overs that my mom made several days ago.  :)  There isn't a whole love better in my mind that food that makes your taste buds "dance and sing!" 
  • A Known Future:  No, I have no idea what I'll be doing in a year... okay so I have SOME sort of idea, but my plans are still fluid.  However the though of a known future is still something that makes me smile.  Someday...
  • MISSIONARIES:  Oh gosh!  How come this is so far down on my list?  Why did I not think of this sooner???  Regardless, missionaries are one of my all time favorite things.  Since my little brother and best friend are serving missions for my Church it makes me all the more excited to talk about them and what they are doing.  AGH!  I love missionaries!!!
  • Being a student:  As goofy as it sounds, I'm kinda sad to be graduating.  I sort love being a student - in a sick sort of way.  I love going to class and even doing awful homework assignments.  It's be strange to not have that anymore.  This is one of the parts of having a career that I'm not necessarily looking forward to. (Oh, 'necessarily' is another word I struggle to spell, although I did it correctly this time. :) )  Maybe THAT is why I'm really going into teaching... then I can still sorta be a student and go to school.  Who knows...
  • Traveling!!:  Oh my goodness!  I can't even effectively express my love for going to and seeing new places.  There is something so exhilarating about gallivanting off to a relatively unknown place.   Someday I'll be able to more of it, but for now I'll relish in my past adventures.
  • CHICK FLICKS!:  No explanation needed.
Well my friends,  I'm sure you're done reading about all the strange and wonderful things that I love.  I encourage you to look for the things in your life that make you happy - even the small things like fruit snacks. :)  Have a great day and thanks for reading!
Brittish Knees

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. One thing that makes me happier than almost anything else is socks! I love socks!! The end. Love you too girl! We need to play. I came to say hi the other day but you were on a date. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete