Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sick in Bed

As a kid we had a book that for some reason I loved.  It was called "Sick in Bed."  It was yellow and the pictures were... well... not amazing but I really liked the book.  It was about a little boy who was sick and it walked through all the things he got and did while sick.  He went to the doctor, was poked a prodded, and given a shot in the... eh hem.  Afterward his mommy got him a soda to calm his tummy and then he just chilled at home - in bed watching tv and took naps.  Today I've felt very much like that little boy. 

After feeling awful for about two weeks I went to the doctor.  He told me that whatever I have is viral so pretty much there's not a whole lot that he could do until it got worse. To help deal with my symptoms he gave me one of those prescriptions you squirt up your nose.  It's a lovely experience.  Luckily I didn't get the full doctor's treatment like my childhood friend from above did.  

When I came home and I kinda lounged around the house and watched some old tv shows/part of a movie with my dad and brother and decided that I should be an adult and get my lessons written for Monday.  It was then that my mom informed me that I shouldn't go to church tomorrow.  It's been months since I've missed my meetings and just about as long since I've had to have someone fill in and teach Sunday School for me.  Sad day.  I enjoy it teaching - especially the Gospel.

Another downside to all of this sickliness is that I'm contagious.  I'd thought that my sickness was due to the lack of sleep and stress from school and work.  Wrong-o!  I had a friend over on Thursday and I got a text today letting me know that I'd kindly shared with him.  (I know, brilliant.)  Some friend I am.  How does one (me) recover from sharing such a ghastly bug?  Ugh.  Good thing I have forgiving friends eh?

The upside to all of this is that I get lots of time to recover.  The whole weekend in fact.  I fell asleep on the couch at about 8 last night and slept for nearly 12 hours.  I plan on doing something similar tonight.  I sorta love not having plans for Saturday night.  (Sorta looserish, I know.  Back off.)  I'm looking forward to a quite night watching an ultra chick flick with my mom and daddy and going to bed early.  Tomorrow's day will consist of lots of sleep, studying the scriptures, writing long overdue letters to my two best friends on missions and studying the assigned Gospel Doctrine lesson that I am supposed to teach. 

I guess the overall moral of the story is that being sick in bed isn't all that bad - aside of sharing germ bugs (which is what I refer to them as when I teach about them - always a teacher...).

Well, until next time (when I hopefully feel better), this is Brittish Knees signing out.

1 comment: