Friday, December 3, 2010

Life is a Funny Thing

Life is a funny thing.  I think this is my new favorite phrase.  I feel as though it encompasses just about everything; the good, bad and ugly all in one little phrase... "Life is a funny thing."

Recently I've been very busy; busy with school mostly but also with family, friends and the pile of homework that feels as though it isn't getting smaller even though I know it is.  I find myself busy with church and the stresses (some good, some ... well not) it entails and wondering about how I'm going to survive these next few months.

Today in Institute we talked about what I needed - exactly.  We were discussing D&C 38.  In versus 1-10 it describes the Lord's resume - if you will; and all of His qualifications (which have been highlighted in red) for us being able to put our trust in Him: 

1. Thus saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, the Great aI Am, Alpha and Omega, the bbeginning and the end, the csame which looked upon the dwide expanse of eternity, and all the seraphic ehosts of heaven, fbefore the world was gmade;
2. The same which aknoweth all things, for ball things are cpresent before mine eyes;
3. I am the same which aspake, and the world was made, and all things came by me.
4. I am the same which have taken the aZion of bEnoch into mine own bosom; and verily, I say, even as many as have cbelieved in my name, for I am Christ, and in mine own name, by the virtue of the dblood which I have spilt, have I pleaded before the Father for them.
5. But behold, the residue of the awicked have I kept in bchains of darkness until the cjudgment of the great day, which shall come at the end of the earth;
6. And even so will I cause the wicked to be kept, that will not hear my voice but aharden their hearts, and wo, wo, wo, is their doom. 
7. But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine aeyes are upon you. I am in your bmidst and ye cannot csee me; 
8. But the day soon cometh that ye shall asee me, and know that I am; for the bveil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not cpurified shall not dabide the day.
9. Wherefore, gird up your loins and be prepared. Behold, the akingdom is yours, and the enemy shall not overcome. 
 10Verily I say unto you, ye are aclean, but not all; and there is none else with whom I am well bpleased;

As our discussion progressed we talked about faith and how the natural man within each of us struggles with the concept of faith - particularly in something or someone that can't be seen with the natural eye.  Logically it seems so backwards to not put your full trust in God, after all He is the creator of the Universe; but something within each of us is reserved.  Despite his consistency in providing all we've every and will ever need.  

While pondering some of my personal struggles I find myself recommitting to putting my faith in Him who knows best.  I still don't understand why things happen, and I could allow myself to justify my unsettled feelings that still seem to slip back into my thinking.  However from this time forward I am going to try harder to see what my Eternal Father sees; to know what He knows.  Until then I am going to do my best to not put my trust and faith in the arm of the flesh, but rather in the hand of my God.  The older I get the clearer it becomes to me that He knows me best and knows how to best succor me.



There is a song by Janice Kapp Perry called Song of Testimony.  The chorus of the song always strikes me as special.  This this I add my testimony, "I know God lives.  I know He loves me.  I know He hears and answers my prayers.  I know His Son is my redeemer and that He died for me that  I might live eternally one day."  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment