Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blow and Throw

Don't you hate it when life just seems to blow?  I'm not talking about runny noses, or tires, finals or anything like that... it just seems to - pardon my French, but suck.  Please, don't read this wrong.  I'm not looking for sympathy, empathy, or any other kind of -pathy.  I just wanted to write about something that was rather obvious to me today. 

On a completely related topic that has started rather negative (sorry), but will change I promise; I read a friend of mines blog who is serving a mission.  She talked about something completely perfect related to this issue of blow-age.  (Thank you Merrit!  Talk about inspiration!)  

She shared that Ether 6 talks about the Jaredites who were a people who left the land they were living in to find a land of promise that would be provided to them by God. After they embarked on this tremendous voyage they began to encountered some pretty nasty waters.  The winds blew constantly and I'm sure none of them did enjoyed the cramped, stuffy, dark boat ride here.  (The phrase "tight, like unto a dish" comes to mind.)  However this friend of mine brought up a very good point; the winds blew so they could arrive in their promised land.  She related how the winds that blow (sometimes blow us down) hurt and are anything but pleasant, but that how they always will help us get to the place we need to be.  As I contemplated the yucky state of life I sometimes find myself in, this knowledge (call it a testimony if you like) brought great comfort to me tonight.  Seriously my blogger stalking friends, I encourage anyone who needs to find some extra strength to read Ether 6 with a similar outlook.  I know that I'll never look at this story the same way again. 
The Church is true my friends.  It provides the path for us to achieve our "Promised Land", but I also know that we can't really get there with out the yucky, not fun, even sucky times.  They are a part of the grand design - I just know it.  God's in control, so it'll all be alright!

Much love,
Brittish Knees

1 comment: