Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now!... we'll almost.

To My Dearest Fan Club, 

I'm assuming you're only reading this is A) you find the same sick fasination with reading other people's blogs that I do or B) you are bored out of your mind.  Either way, I hope it provides you what you're looking for.

I can hardly believe it! It dawned on me today that I'm really  graduating!  I know I've blogged, or blabbed (take your pick) about this prior, but it seems like such a surreal concept.  I counted the other day and I've been in school for 19 years (this April), I'll spare you the math... that makes me 23.  I can't tell how I really feel about it yet.  Some days it's so exciting and others it's nothing short of a terrifying though.  I guess it's cause my future is so uncertain.  

I'm looking at jobs everyone, like adult jobs... no longer is my hope to have a part-time job, but rather to become an asset to society an join the work force.  Weird.

I'm not sure what persuaded me to check my graduation status, but it says 95% complete right now.  As soon as October 25th rolls around (and permitted I pass all my classes between now and April) I'll be able to walk with the class of 2011.  Bizzar!!  

I guess that's what has been going through my mind today.  It's been a humbling experience.  Yesterday I had a conversation with ...someone(s)... that helped me to recognize that while it's good to dream big, it's important to also see reality.  Translation:  I'll be applying for teaching positions in UTAH starting in April for the fall of 2011. (Eek!!) So, if you know of any schools that will be looking for teachers, let me know. :)  In the mean time, I'm trying to not pull my hair out as I juggle classes, working and somewhat of a social life. 

Funny how life works out, huh?

You're truly, 
Brittish Knees

No comments:

Post a Comment