Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Chapter

It's official!! The semester is over!

While I'm ecstatic for this summer and the adventures that are held within it, a little piece of me is heart broken. You see, this was my last semester with all my Cobra Girls. (For those of you who aren't aware, this is what the girls in the 8-12 education cohort at UVU are called... at least that's what we call ourselves.) After our last final today those who wanted to and were able to come, went to lunch and shared lots of 'moments' together. I'm super excited for our interns and I'm so proud of them, but the jealous part of me is sad that they are leaving and wish they would stay with us. Oh well, on to bigger and better things. Luckily we'll all be able to keep in touch and see each other at graduation!

Good luck Interns! I'm so happy for you!

It's also a new chapter because I now only have one more year of college left. Wow... that's a strange thought. I never really thought I'd be so close. Crazy when ya really think about it. It's funny how life works out the way it does. Most the time, it's not anywhere near according to the plans you've made for yourself. Well, that's the way everything happens for me anyway. :)

With the summer being here (ironically it snowed today. Who invites the snow in April, on the last day of finals no less?!? Whoever it was needs a lesson about April Showers. They are rain, not snow! Come now...) I find myself daydreaming about road trips and distant places. I'm so excited for all that is in store. I'm determined to live my last summer in college up! This is also the last summer before one of my younger brother leaves on his mission. *Sniffle* What a bittersweet thought. My family is growing up so fast!


In the mean time, I'll focus on St. George, Zion's, Mexico and a plethora of outdoor movies in my backyard! Bring it summer! I'm ready for you to finally be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment