Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's Been a While...

I looked at my blog today and realized it'd been months since I'd last written.  Oops...  To make up for my extended absence, I thought it'd be appropriate to share a semi-funny/happy-ending experience from earlier this week.

Monday night I got ready and went to bed like normal.  Pjs on, check.  Teeth brushed, check.  Contacts out, double check (one for each eye). Prayers said, scriptures read, check, check.  It wasn't until about two o'clock the following morning I realized something was wrong.

It's weird.  I rarely sleep through the whole night.  I often wake up having to use the bathroom or get a drink or something. (I really hope that is normal...)  During one of these "wake-up-sessions" I found myself adjusting my wedding ring, which I sleep with on. (Side note:  I know that you shouldn't sleep with jewelry on, but I've been doing it for years.  Cut me some slack.  Maybe someday when it doesn't fit my finger any more because of water retention or something I'll change my ways, but until then....  it comes with me to bed.)  It was then that I realized it wasn't there.  I was in silent, in-the-dark panic.  It was horrifying to think that it was gone.

I tried to be so quite and not move around so much, as I knew the Hubs had to wake up long before I did.  Let's be honest though, that never works.  I searched my side of the bed, trying to feel for it with no avail.  So I climbed out of bed thinking maybe I'd thrown it during a bad dream.  I used my phone light to look on the floor and this is when he woke up.  Very gingerly he told me to turn on the light and he'd help me look for it.  We moved the bed away from the wall, checked the floor and bed again.  I considered going through the dirty laundry when I remembered something!  The night before I'd been sectioning meat off into smaller portions to put into the freezer to make it more cooking friendly. :)  As I typically do, I took my ring off and .... du-du-du-duh!  I checked my shorts pocket and it was there!  It was a Christma-kuh miracle!!

My ring got put right back where it belonged, on my finger, we turned off the light and climbed back into bed.  As I laid there trying to calm myself down enough to doze back into slumber, the Hubs snuggled up and said, "it's just a thing."  I was touched and so happy he wouldn't have been eternally upset with me had I truly lost it.  What a comfort to be married to someone so wonderful. :)

Life update:  Life is blissful, even though each moment isn't.  We're happy and aside of a couple of colds were in the process of kicking to the curb, we're healthy.  Our families are loving and supportive.  We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and are eternally grateful for that.  School is going well for Brain and I'm venturing into the world of looking for teaching jobs again.  This summer is going to be a busy one, despite our thinking it would be low key.  Brian has school and an internship this semester and his internship next.  I'm working nearly full time, have girls camp and possible youth conference.  We've got family reunions, a handful of hopeful weekend excursions, Hawaii and more to come.  It's going to be exciting and stressful.  Stay posted for more updates and ridiculous things that I do. :)

Yours truly,
Brittish Knees

1 comment:

  1. I think every newly married bride has to lose her ring! I lost it and everyone I know that's married lost it right as they get married. Talk about terrifying! I am glad you found it!! I am also sad that I missed you and Brian this weekend. I was jealous when my mom sent me a picture. Much love from the south!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete