Monday, June 13, 2011

Humor, irony... whatever. I call it life.

After my last post I didn't think I'd have anything funny to post for a while (a bit of a let down), then I went country dancing...

A few days ago (well... it was Wednesday, so two days ago) I went country dancing with some friends.  Country dancing is a funny thing; whether or not you dance seems to be feast or famine.  For whatever reason Wednesday was a feast.  I'd not danced with more than 4-5 guys when a young man asked me to dance and during the process of spinning me forgot to bring his elbow back in and my forehead met it... hard.  While the impact was hard, I was mostly just taken back and was able to laugh it off. Thus for a good two days I had the remainings of a goose egg in the middle of my forehead. 

When I got home, I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to sleep because of the headache (which had echoed down into my bone just below my right eye) I could feel developing.  So... I called up a friend who was still awake and we made a late night Macey's run for pain killers and a few groceries.  (Pain killers for me and groceries for him and his roommate.)


Oh... in case you're wondering.  I'm fine. No bruise, concussion, or even amnesia.  All in all, it was a good night.

Moral of the story:  forget keeping your eye on the ball... watch out for elbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment