Thursday, June 2, 2011

Humor in the Morning

"Brittney... Brittney... You're date is at the door.  He's ready and everything!"

This is how my roommate woke me up this morning.  This week I was set up on two dates, both for today.  It never really occurred to me to check the AM/PM part of the time... (first mistake).  Thus when 8:30 this morning came and my date came-a-knocking, I was still in bed.

It played out something like this:

*Knock, knock, knock*
"Is Brittney here?"
"Yes, let me go get her."
"Brittney... Brittney.... You're date is here.  He's ready and everything!"
I halfway hear her my wonderful roommate and am terribly confused as to why my date is here at the wrong time then I realize... dun dun dun!:

I READ THE DATE BOX EMAIL WRONG!!! 

I threw my covers off, started digging through my laundry basket of clean clothes and frantically said, "Tell him to give me five minutes!"

I more or less jumped out of my pjs and into jeans and a top, snatched some shoes, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, threw on a little eye liner and powder, and even sported the specks rather than contacts.Approximately 3 minutes later, guess who was ready?  Oh me.

It's probably a good thing this wasn't a first encounter for my date and I.  We've been friends for a few weeks now, and from what  he was forgiving.  We gallivanted off to breakfast and had a great time laughing about the whole thing.

Moral of the story:  Hilarious things happen in the mornings in our apartment.

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie and I had a good hard laugh at this. Thanks for posting so we could laugh at your expense! Keep 'em coming!

    Andrew & Melanie

    ReplyDelete