Wednesday, February 9, 2011

BAH! It's finally here!!!!

I almost can't believe it.  In approximately ten hours (and counting) I'll be the teacher of 22, 6-7 year olds.  Don't worry, contrary to what I thought I would be feeling right now, I'm not freaking out... yet.  There is still ten hours for that to change.  In the mean time, I figured I'd post a smidgin on my blog, since I pretty much have wampted at that since the semester began.  

Ahh, let's see... what's new?  Oh, aside of school and work (Yes.  I am student teaching and working a whopping 8ish hours ever two weeks.  I know, rollin in the dough!) and a few dates interspersed, not much.  However I know that my frame of mind is changing because everywhere I go, everything I do I will be right here waiting for you....  err... I mean.  I don't know that song....  I meant to say that in all aspects of my life I find myself thinking of teaching.  It's amazing how much of life can relate to a classroom.  For instance, I was at institute tonight (which was AMAZING!!! Maybe I'll blab about it later...) and we were talking about (apparently I'll talk about it now...) preparing for various things and how we need to open ourselves for optimum learning.  I knew we were talking Gospel things, but I found myself also tying in how students, of all curriculums, need to prepare themselves for the best results.  As I sat there I thought "NERD ALERT!  NERD ALERT!"  But I loved it all the same.  People in that class probably think I'm a nut case, oh well.

To totally change topics, Shaun has been gone for two weeks now.  (Note to self: only 102 more weeks. Hehe.)  It sorta feels like he's been gone forever, yet part of me half expects him to walk through the front door after working a late shift at the local grocery store.  It's still feels kinda surreal and I think that it'll hit me hard when my life starts to slow down a bit after graduation.  Not going to lie, I kind of fear that day.  The family seems to be doing well, even my youngest brother, who I was a tad worried about has seem to make a fairly smooth transition to him being gone.  Bizarre.

Well, my random brain is done for the night... that and I just looked at the clock and its said "11:22" which means it's about an hour past my bed time.  Beh.  I guess that means good night.  

Signing out, until next time (I sorta feel like I belong in Star Trek or something when I type that),
Brittish Knees

No comments:

Post a Comment