Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Summa' Time 0'... '10?

Summer has always been one of my favorite times of the year. There is always so much going on, but none of it seems very pressured - which is why I like it so much more as opposed to mid or late-semester. (Go figure.) This summer is one that I've found is holding so much more within it than normal:

  • One of my younger brother just graduated from High School (congrats buddy!)
  • Camping/road trips
  • PARTIES (going away, coming home/back and just cause-ers)
  • and Mexico!! (Which by the way is only 11 days until take off!!!)
I find myself excited beyond belief for all that is in store, but also hesitate about it all happening too quickly. You see, this next year I graduate.... from college! I know this should be an ecstatic time of my life, but I find myself terribly nervous. School as been the norm in my life for the past 18 years. I know I'm pursing teaching so I'll always be 'in' school, but really it's a whole new ball game. Life is about to change and turn a totally new direction. A direction that contains additional responsibility and truly leaving my childhood in the past. Wow! It's weird how reality will slap you in the face, even while blogging.

On a lighter note, I've set a new goal for myself. Who needs January 1 for goal setting? Not me! I decided that it's time to get back into running. It's been about ... uh... well never mind how long its been, lets just say too long. My recently graduated brother has taken on the role of my motivator and we'll be running on a regular basis. I'm very excited about this and hope to eventually run an entire 5k by the end of the summer. We'll see how that all works out. In the mean time I've stumbled across a blog called
Running Fearless. The host of it is one of my friend's husband (did that even make sense?? oh well...) who is miles ahead of me in his training, but is able to share the process he goes through in such a way that it applies to me. I hope it's of worth to you. And if not, then don't follow it.

Keep your chin up friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment