Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Unrecognized Blessings

Last night I had a conversation with a friend that caused me to reflect on the blessing my Heavenly Father constantly provides for me, despite my arrogance or ignorance.

Today as I was revisiting about that experience I was lead back to times when I too have waded through hard and heavy times. As I did so it dawned on me: the experiences we have in this life really are able to bless lives outside of our own: They bless me by strengthening my testimony and remind me to turn towards the Lord, but our experiences also have the ability to bless those we love. They can likewise provide strength and comfort to those who are in need. (There is a reason that we don't have to experience mortality alone, because it isn't part of the plan! We need, desperately need each other. The beautiful part being that Heavenly Father knew it! He knew we'd need each other, so he puts us in the right places days, months, and years prior so relationships can be developed and fostered for our benefit. A little overwhelming, isn't it?)

The conversation ended and I proceeded to get ready for bed. As I continued with my ritual: turn on heating blanket (I sleep in the basement - back off), pjs, remove contacts, brush teeth, prayers and scriptures I found that my scripture reading wasn't as ... rushed as it normally is. I found myself looking for things that particularly stood out and struck me as important for the days events. Irony? I think not, or rather, I know not.

In synopsis: I found it such a beautiful blessing to be able to see the Lord's hand in my life. To be able to have the spirit help me recognize how all of these experiences (whether pleasant or painful) really are for our good; our short-term, long-term and eternally. I was again touched to know what a loving Heavenly Father we (yes, you AND I) have. His love and concern for us is very individual, but He knows that as we help and love others that our love for those around us and for Him will grow. Through this Christ-like love and service we are provided with opportunities to uplift and strengthen each other so together we can draw nearer unto Him. Genius! The man really knows what He's doing!

Until next time, keep your chin up. There is a God, and He loves YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment