Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Holidays for the Rest of Forever!

I feel like with it being almost Christmas now (which happens to be on of my very favorite times of the year) that I should write a little something about our wedding and my thoughts on the season.

Our wedding day was nothing short of beautiful.  The weather was great, but more importantly we were surrounded by family and close friends as we promised our lives and love to each other and for eternity.  The ceremony was beautiful and I'm so grateful to be married to my best friend.

As I was looking for a new blog background today I thought again about Christmas cards and how I wish I'd have thought to get one together sooner.  Alas.... I got swept up in the setting up of a livable apartment and taking care of a sick husband the week before finals.  (Not to worry, the Hubs is doing waaay better and is just about cleared of the nasty whatever it was.)  I suppose this post will just have to do.

This year has been one of great blessings for us.  Everything from the perfect circumstances and time of our meeting to and unexpected but welcomed invitation to Alaska to a beautiful proposal and a blissful wedding ceremony.  Ultimately our greatest blessing comes from our Savior.  It was centuries ago, in a humble manger that the Savior of the world was laid that humble Christmas night.  Through his life long example of service, love and ultimate sacrifice of the Atonement that we find the way to return to our Heavenly Father. 

Brian and I hope that this post finds you well.  We wish you the merriest of holidays and a wonderful new year. 

With love,
The Olsens

No comments:

Post a Comment