Friday, August 20, 2010

Moral of the Story

No worries everyone! The Korea blogs are in process. I just had a funny thing happen to me today and wanted to tell you blog stalkers about it.

You know that saying, "Don't put off till tomorrow what should be done today."? Well I experienced that one first had this morning. Yesterday I got out of bed promptly late and was rushing to get ready for work. (Which has been typical this summer. THIS is why I NEED to be in school.) When I'd completed everything but the morning make-up routine I noticed that my mascara had seen better days and desperately needed to be retired. So I tossed it and thought, "tomorrow morning I'll remember to grab the other one out of the cupboard." and went about the rest of my day.

Well, this morning as I was all but repeating my routine I thought, "I'll grab my make-up bag and do it in the parking lot at work. (Which is also pretty regular for me.) So I grabbed my bags (plural - my purse/bag, makeup bag, and a bag with my books I'm attempting to sell) and headed out the door. I got to work a little earlier than expected and quickly put on everything... then I started looking for my mascara (which is always the last thing I put on) and to no avail, it was gone. I thought, "maybe it jumped out when I hit the breaks on the freeway cause everyone decided that nothing was a good thing to stop for." Nope! It was gone. Gone in the trash at home gone. So I did the only thing I could do and turned the car back on, strapped on my seat-belt, and drove to Wally-World to purchase a new tube of mascara.

So, the moral of the story is: don't put off tomorrow (moving your other tube of makeup) what should be done today.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha!! This is hilarious Britt! I totally love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brittney hahahahaha you make me laugh! I was anxious for your Korea post but this one was definitely a good one. :) I hate that feeling -- mascara is such an essential part of makeup. You are too cute.

    ReplyDelete